7 ways to boost your immune system
Keep your immune system strong this flu season
A strong immune system is your best defense against any virus–whether that’s the flu, COVID, or a comon cold.
With a strong immune system, even if you do get sick, illnesses tend to be more mild and we tend to recover more quickly.
It’s a good idea to keep your immune system strong at all times and especially during cold and flu season, so here are my top tips for supporting your immune system:
1. Get proper sleep. Go to bed by 10pm and get 8 hours of quality sleep.
2. Eat your veggies and make sure you’re nourishing your body with healthy foods
3. Support your digestion which is a key component of your immune system–avoid sugar, take a probiotic, and eat plenty of fiber so you poop daily
4. Exercise daily–moving your body moves lymph which is important for immune support. It doesn’t have to be intense, but try to get out for a short walk each day.
5. If you feel under the weather, or like you’re coming down with something, REST! The very first early warning signs from your body are a sign to rest and support your body as your immune system works to fight off whatever you’ve got. Don’t exercise these days, and don’t “push through.” Take it easy, drink plenty of fluids, and nap!
6. Manage stress. Do activities to help you release any stress or anxiety around the coronavirus. Limit your news and media intake if you’re freaked out, and make time to meditate, take a walk, listen to music or whatever you do to help you manage stress.
7. Keep your body warm–we’re heading into spring, and sometimes those 40 degree days make us want to wear shorts and flip-flops. Don’t do it. Your body’s not quite ready, so stick with those winter layers for a while longer. All the wild temperature swings of this season can add stress to your body, so enjoy the sunny days, but stick with a light jacket and close-toed shoes.
These things won’t always prevent you from getting sick, but if you’re supporting your immune system, you’re giving your body the best shot at recovering quickly.
Wishing you good health!
WANT MORE ADVICE + INSPIRATION DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX?
Sign up for my list + get free content and updates (plus some stuff I only share with my insiders!)
Success! You're in!
OTHER POSTS YOU MAY ENJOY: